ASSET Scholars Program
Academic Student Success Engagement Team
The Channel Your Success ASSET Scholars Program aims to enhance CSUCI students’ academic success. It is a three-pronged student success team approach — Faculty, Staff and Peer Mentors — that brings together specialized knowledge to provide first-year, first-generation, and undeclared students with:
- Intervention and support to overcome barriers to academic success
- Encouragement to seek out co-curricular opportunities (e.g., internships, fellowships, research, study abroad, etc.)
- Help to make connections between coursework and students’ future goals
- Referrals to campus academic resources and student services
- Peer and faculty mentoring, and
- Non-cognitive learning support.
The purpose of the ASSET Scholars Program is to provide first-time freshmen and new transfer students with a confident transition to CSUCI and promote academic success for all program participants.
The aim of the program is to link ASSET Scholars to peer mentors, tutors, and faculty members, many of whom are first generation or were transfer students themselves.
Core Program Overview
ASSET Scholars will receive the following as part of the program:
- Faculty and peer mentoring workshops on topics such as academic success tips, time management, successful study strategies, and syllabus and course support
- Drop-in mentoring and tutoring with peer mentors and tutors
- Support for career development, internships, and other co-curricular opportunities
- Program and Scholar recognition at events and programming across campus
Refer students to a Channel Your Success Peer Mentor
For more information about the ASSET Scholars Program or to request an in-class presentation, contact Mónica Ocampo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit us at the PEEP Space, Madera 1900.